HH Gopal Krishna Goswami explained how Srila Prabhupada strived hard to write the Bhagavad-gita As It Is and Srimad Bhagavatam despite old age and health challenges. He requested devotees to go out of their way and make extra efforts to distribute books during the month of December and thereby please Srila Prabhupada with their sincere efforts. Maharaj stressed that book distribution was the most important activity which will save and purify both the giver and the receiver.
While narrating several inspiring examples related to book distribution, Maharaj give the following guidelines for both the reluctant and the steadfast book distributor:
- Chant your Hare Krishna mantra rounds sincerely
- Don’t lose hope if you are not able to sell several books on a particular day
- Depend on Krishna
- Get up early and maintain good sadhana
- Have faith in the mercy of the lord
- Not feel shy but go ahead to save souls who need the mercy of Lord Krishna through the books
- If people are reluctant to buy, tell them that just keeping Bhagavad-gita or other books in their house will purify them and their homes.